Wall Inner Thigh Scissors
This exercise tones and tightens the muscles of the inner thighs.
Wall, exercise mat, and ankle weights.
- Lie down with your arms beside you, buttocks against a wall and your legs straight up above your hips.
- Slowly separate your legs and bring them outward until you feel a mild stretch in the inner thighs.
- Just as slowly contract the inner thigh muscles to bring the legs back together.
- Take care to move slowly to make the exercise safe and effective. Take four seconds to separate your legs and another four seconds to close them.
- Keep abdominal muscles tight throughout the exercise you the weight of your legs separating doesn't cause your lower back to arch.
- Keep your heels on the wall throughout the exercise.
- Start with one or two pound ankle weights. As you get stronger, progressively increase the poundage until about six or eight pounds per leg.
- If the back of your thighs feel uncomfortable because the muscles are tight, you can modify the exercise by moving your buttocks about eight inches from the wall and keeping your knees slightly bent.
Twelve to fifteen repetitions. Rest. Do another one or two sets if you want to.
Go to Common Exercises...