V-Sit Bend and Straighten
This yoga and Pilates-inspired exercise strengthens the abs and quadriceps (front of the thighs) as well as stretches the hamstrings (back of the thighs).
1. Sit with knees bent and back straight.
2. Lean back and balance on buttocks as you bring knees up. Hold behind the thighs.
3. Contract muscles in the front of the thighs as you straighten your legs.
4. Bend and straighten legs for the desired number of repetitions.
1. Ideally, both your back and your legs should be straight as you perform the exercise in the V-sit position. If you can’t do both, emphasize a straight back instead of straight legs. Avoid rounding your back to achieve straighter legs.
2. To make the exercise easier, bend and straighten one leg at a time.
Do five to ten repetitions.
Go to Common Exercises...