Table Assisted Buttocks Lift
This exercise strengthens buttocks and hamstrings (muscles at the back of the thighs) while providing support for the lower back.
A sturdy table the height of your hip joint. Ankle weights.
- Place your upper body on top of the table.
- Your legs should be slightly bent with your feet flat on the floor.
- Squeeze your buttocks and raise your right leg behind you to hip level.
- Slowly lower your leg.
- Do the desired number of repetitions then switch legs.
- Think of squeezing the muscle, not just lifting the leg.
- Move slowly and with control. Avoid jerking and swinging the leg.
- Keep abdominals tight and lower back from arching.
- If your table is too high, stand of a stack of books.
Go to Common Exercises...