Straight-Up Abdominal Lifts
Strengthens abdominal muscles.
- Lie on your back with your legs straight up above your hips and your arms straight up above your shoulder joint.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles and lift your head, shoulders, and hips off the floor. Focus on reaching straight up with your arms and legs rather than having your limbs curling towards each other.
- Hold for a few seconds.
- Slowly lower your body back to the starting position
- Exhale as you lift straight up. Inhale as you come down.
- Concentrate on reaching for the ceiling with your fingers and toes.
- Take two to three seconds to lift up, hold, two to three seconds to come down.
- Avoid jerking to lift yourself up. Move smoothly by first tightening the abdominal muscles and getting deeper into the abdominal contraction to lift upper and lower body.
Do eight to ten repetitions.
Go to Common Exercises...