Standing Hamstring Curl with Rubber Bands
This exercise firms the muscles at the back of the thighs.
Four feet of surgical tubing (available at all major drugstores).
- Tie (double knot) the surgical tubing around your ankles.
Leave enough room to be able to bring your legs about hip width apart.
- Balancing on your left leg, extend your right leg behind you with the toes on the floor.
- Tighten your abdominals, keep your leg steady behind you and curl your knee, bringing your heel towards your buttocks.
- Slowly lower your foot down towards the floor.
- Do the required number of repetitions, then switch to the other leg.
- Preferably, you should be wearing socks (so the tubing won't roll up) and athletic shoes.
- Keep abdominal muscles tight so you don't arch your back when you curl your leg.
- Hold on to a chair if you need more balance.
- Focus on contracting the muscles at the back of your thigh to start the movement, rather than just jerking your heel to your buttocks.
- Move slowly.
Do 12 to 15 repetitions. One to three sets.
Go to Common Exercises...