Standing Calf Stretch with Stability Ball
This exercise stretches the calves or muscles at the back of the lower leg.
Stability ball. As a substitute, place your hands against a wall or sturdy desk.
1. Hold the ball between your hands. Your feet should be hip width apart.
2. Place one foot behind you with the toes facing forward.
3. Bend the front knee and place the ball on top of your thighs. Lean into the ball to stretch the calf.
4. Hold the stretch for the desired length of time, then switch legs.
1. Your feet should be hip width apart. Avoid placing the back foot directly behind the front foot because this will cause you to lose your balance.
2. Visualize lengthening or elongating your body in opposite directions. Lengthen through your heel and through the top of your head.
3. Avoid holding your breath as you hold the stretch. Focus on breathing deeply and evenly.
Hold the stretch for 10 to 30 seconds.
Go to Common Exercises...