Standing Abdominal Stretch
To help prevent lower back stiffness and counter-balance sitting in a slouched position, take a stretch break every hour.
- In a standing position, place your hands, fingers down, on the back of your hips.
- Gently lean backward as you lift your chest to the ceiling.
- You should feel a mild stretch in the abdominal muscles, and a mild pressure in the lower back area.
- Hold for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Instead of just arching the lower back, think of lifting the chest to the
- Continue to breathe as you hold the stretch.
- If you have any kind of lower back problem, please consult your doctor first before doing this stretch.
Go to Common Exercises...