Side Leg Lift on Stability Ball
This exercise firms and tones the muscles of the hips.
Stability ball and exercise mat. As a substitute, you can do the exercise at the side of a bed.
1. Start by kneeling down with the ball on your left side. Extend your right leg sideways. Slowly roll the ball to the left and lower your body until your waist and hip are resting firmly against the ball. This is your starting position.
2. Lift your right leg up to hip level, then lower it down. Do the desired number of repetitions.
3. To switch to the other side, bend your extended right leg and roll yourself back into a kneeling position. Put the ball on your other side and repeat the instructions.
1. Avoid sinking into your shoulder. Pull yourself up and away from your elbow.
2. Exhale as you lift the leg; inhale as you return it to starting position.
3. If you are used to doing side leg lift lying on the floor, you will notice that this exercise is harder to perform. That's because of the angle that the exercise is performed, which increases the range of motion of the lifting leg.
Do 10 repetitions on each side.
Go to Common Exercises...