Seated Quadriceps Stretch
Stretches the muscles in the front of the hips and thighs (quadriceps).
- Sit sideways on a chair with both feet flat on the floor.
- Hold the back of the chair with your left hand. Bend your right leg, gently bring the heel close to your buttocks and grasp your ankle with your right hand.
- Slowly move your leg backwards until your knee is facing the floor.
- Hold the stretch for ten to twenty seconds.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Do the other side.
- Keep abdominal muscles tightly held in so the back doesn't arch as you bring your leg backwards.
- In the final position, your shoulder, hip, and knee should be in a straight line.
- If you feel pain or discomfort in the knee joint, avoid this stretch.
Go to Common Exercises...