Seated Lateral Stretch on Stability Ball
This exercise stretches the sides of the torso.
Stability ball. A chair or stool can be used as a substitute.
1. Sit on the ball with legs wider than hips and hands holding the sides of the ball.
2. Use your hips to push the ball to the right as you simultaneously bring your right arm overhead.
3. Hold the stretch for the desired length of time. Repeat on the other side.
1. To challenge your balance, keep the legs together.
2. Focus on lengthening and elongating as you press your hips to the side.
Hold the stretch for 10 to 30 seconds. Do the exercise one or two times.
Go to Common Exercises...