Strengthens the muscles called the hip flexors in the
front of the hip.
Any sturdy piece of gym or home furniture that is mid-thigh in height.
- Stand two to three feet away from a stable mid-thigh
height piece of furniture.
- Place your right foot on the edge with your knee bent.
- Gently lean forward and allow your body weight to
push you into a lunge until you feel a stretch in the front of your hip.
- Hold for fifteen seconds.
- Repeat on the other side.
- If it bothers your knee in this position, avoid this
- Keep your back heel on the floor for the added benefit
of stretching your calf.
Do one or two sets
to Common Exercises...