Hip Extension and Curl
Tightens and tones the buttocks and the hamstrings (back of the thighs).
None or Ankle Weights
- Lie face down with your hands
underneath your forehead.
- Lift your right leg a few inches
off the floor by squeezing your buttocks.
- Holding the lifted position,
bend your knee at a ninety- degree angle.
- This is considered one repetition.
Do the desired number of repetitions without lowering your leg to the floor.
Rest. Do the other leg.
- Keep both your hipbones on the
floor and do not allow your body to be tilted sideways as you do the exercise.
- "Lengthen and elongate" the exercising
leg away from you when it is straight and towards the ceiling when you bend
- Keep the buttocks contracted
throughout the exercise.
Do ten to fifteen repetitions per leg. Rest. Do another set if you want to
to Common Exercises...