Calf Stretch on Stability Ball
This exercise stretches the calves or muscles at the back of the lower leg.
Stability ball and exercise mat. As a substitute, you can use the side of a bed and a thick towel.
1. Kneel down on the mat. Place your upper body on the ball supported on your forearms.
2. Straighten your right leg behind you supported on your toes.
3. Pull your body forward on the ball and press backwards with your heel until you feel the stretch on your calf.
4. Hold the stretch for the desired length of time, then switch legs.
1. Avoid holding your breath as you hold the stretch. Focus on breathing deeply and evenly.
2. The more advanced version of this exercise is done with both legs straight pressing backwards on the heels.
Hold the stretch for 10 to 30 seconds.
Go to Common Exercises...