Back Leg Lift on Ball
This exercise strengthens and firms the buttocks and hamstrings or back of the thighs.
Stability ball. As a substitute, you can do the exercise on a firm bed.
1. Kneel down with the ball in front of you.
2. Place your torso on the ball and roll forward until you have both hands on the floor. Your legs should be straight behind you on your toes.
3. Contract your buttocks and lift the right leg up to hip level.
4. Slowly lower down. Do the desired number of repetitions then switch legs.
1. Exhale as you lift the leg; inhale as you lower it down.
2. Look down at the floor but keep your neck in line with your spine.
3. Lift your leg with control. Contract your buttocks muscles first before lifting.
4. To make the exercise harder, use ankle weights.
Do 10 repetitions on each leg.
Go to Common Exercises...