Plank on Stability Ball
This exercise strengthens the chest, shoulders, triceps, and torso (abdominals & back)..
Stability ball. As a substitute, you can do the exercise on a firm bed or gym bench.
1. Kneel down with the ball in front of you.
2. Place your torso on the ball and roll forward until you have both hands on the floor. Your legs should be straight behind you at hip level.
3. Slowly walk your hands out to the desired distance.
4. Hold for the desired length of time or make the exercise
1. Look down at the floor but keep your neck in line with your spine.
2. Pull shoulders away from your ears to keep your neck “long”.
3. Keep your abs pulled in lightly so your spine does not sag.
4. Beginners should keep the ball under their thighs.
5. More advanced exercisers can move forward until the ball is under their shins or ankles. You can also do push-ups from this position.
Hold for ten to fifteen seconds. Do three sets.
Go to Common Exercises...