Pilates Side Leg Lift with Circles
This Pilates-inspired exercise strengthens the abs as well as the hips and buttocks.
1. Lie on your side with your legs together in line with your hips and shoulders.
2. Rest your head on your bent bottom arm and place your top hand on the mat with your palm flat and your fingertips facing your head.
3. Lift the top leg and make eight small circles going forward, then eight small circles going backward.
4. Slowly lower your leg to the mat. Rest. Repeat on the other side.
1. Breathe normally as you perform the circles.
2. Keep your shoulder and hip from rolling forward or backwards by contracting your abdominal muscles and visualizing a glass of water on your shoulder and hip.
3. Lengthen and elongate your leg as you make the circles.
Do eight circles forward and eight circles backward.
Go to Common Exercises...