Triceps Press with Rubber Band
Tightens and tones the triceps, or back
of the arms.
Three to four foot rubberband. You can use brand name rubber bands (Dynaband
or Exertube) or homemade exercise rubberbands for slingshots can be bought at
- Stand with left foot infront and right foot behind
- Hold the rubber band at one end with your right hand.
Bring it over your head and let it hang behind you. Hold the other of the
rubber band with your left hand behind your back.
- Straighten your right arm as you pull the band upward.
- Slowly lower to the start position.
- Do the desired number of repetitions, and then repeat
on the other side.
- If you have shoulder or elbow problems, do not do
- To avoid hurting your wrist joint, make sure your
knuckles are facing the ceiling when you pull the band upward.
- Keep abdominal muscles lightly contracted to maintain
a stable position for your spine.
- Avoid jerking or moving rapidly. Always move slowly
and with control.
Do 12 to 15 repetitions. One or two sets.
Go to Common