stretches the inner thighs; strengthens the abdominal muscles because they
are used as stabilizers.
- Lie down on a mat with your legs
straight up in the air directly over your hips and your arms straight at shoulder
- Slowly lower your right leg to
the side and bring it back to the starting position.
- Do the desired number of repetitions.
Repeat on the other leg.
- Keep your hips stationary on
the mat as you lower and lift your leg.
- Because this is a one-sided
exercise, you will feel your abdominal muscles tightening as you stabilize
- Lower your leg only as far as
you can control. Properly stabilize your torso on the mat.
- Beginners should do this exercise
against a wall for support.
- Another variation is to do alternating
Do 10 repetitions on each side
Go to Common Exercises...