Squat on Bench
Strengthens the muscles in the front and back of the thigh (quadriceps and
hamstrings) and buttocks.
Stairs or a stable eight to ten inch step aerobics bench
- Stand on the bench or stair rung with your right leg slightly bent and hanging
behind. Hold a wall or stair banister for balance.
- Slowly bend your left knee until the toes of your right foot touch the floor
or the next stair rung.
- Slowly straighten up by contracting the muscles in your left leg and not
by pushing off with your right foot.
- Do the desired number of repetitions. Do the other side.
- If it bothers your knees in this position, avoid this exercise.
- Focus on letting the leg you are standing on do the work. Avoid cheating
by pushing off with the other leg.
Do twelve to fifteen repetitions. One or two sets
to Common Exercises...