Letter C Stretch
Stretches the lower back, back of the shoulders and wrists.
- The exercise can be done while standing or sitting.
- Clasp your hands together, turn your wrists over so palms are facing forward. Straighten your arms.
- Pull your abdominal muscles in towards your belly button creating a "C" shape with your spine.
- Continue pulling your arms forward as you pull backwards with your abdominal muscles.
- Hold the stretch for ten seconds.
- If you are standing, bend your knees.
- Avoid collapsing the spine into a slouch position. Actively contract the abdominal muscles to curve the spine.
Go to Common Exercises...