Leaning Back Knee Extension
Tones and strengthens the front of the thighs (quadriceps).
Rubber band tied into a circle and an exercise mat.
1. Lie back with your forearms and knees bent.
2. Place one end of the rubber band around the bottom of one foot and the ankle of the other.
3. Lift the leg with the rubber band around the ankle until the knee is over the hip. Keep the foot flexed.
4. Hold the position and straighten the leg.
5. Return to starting position and repeat as many times as desired. Do the other side.
1. Straighten the leg by squeezing the muscles in the front of the thighs in a slow and controlled manner.
2. Avoid jerking and locking the knee.
3. Keep chest open throughout the exercise. Avoid slumping the shoulders down.
4. If you have knee joint problems, get your doctor's permission first before doing this exercise.
15 repetitions per leg makes one set. Do one or two sets.
Go to Common Exercises...