Strengthens the front and side of the shoulders (anterior and middle deltoids)
1. Bend your arms at the side of your body.
2. Keeping the elbows bent, raise your arms sideways to shoulder height.
3. In the top position, your hands should be at the same level as your shoulders with the palms facing the floor.
4. Slowly lower back to starting position.
1. Start the movement by contracting the muscles at the side of the shoulder instead of swinging the arm up from the dumbbells.
2. Maintain good posture throughout the execution of the exercise.
3. Keep elbows bent to avoid strain in the elbow joint.
4. Avoid lifting the arms higher than shoulder level as you can irritate nerves and ligaments in the shoulder joint.
5. Exhale as you lift; inhale as you lower.
10 to 15 repetition
Go to Common Exercises...