Knee-to-Chest Buttocks Stretch
This stretch feels great after doing buttocks strengthening exercises.
- Lie down with your left leg straight and your right knee bent towards your chest.
- Reach for the arch of your right foot with both hands.
- Gently pull straight down so your knee is brought closer to your chest. You should be feeling the stretch in the buttocks muscles.
- Hold for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Repeat on the other leg.
- If you cannot keep the leg on the floor straight, bend it with your foot flat on the floor.
- Avoid holding your breath as you hold the stretch.
- If you cannot reach for your foot, loop a belt over the arch of the foot. Hold the belt with both hands and gently pull your knee close to your chest.
Go to Common Exercises...