Inner Thigh V-Stretch
Stretches the muscles of the inner thighs (the adductor group).
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Bring your knees to your chest. Straighten your legs directly above your hips.
- Slowly lower your legs to the side of your hips. Keep the legs straight and your feet flexed.
- Place your hands on your inner thighs and gently press your legs downward until you feel a gentle stretch.
- Hold for twenty to thirty seconds.
- Bend your knees and slowly bring your legs back together.
- Keep your legs in line with your hip joint to avoid arching the lower back and hurting your spine.
- If your inner thighs are not that flexible and you have difficulty keeping your legs open, support your legs by placing your hands at the back of your thighs and your elbows on the floor.
- Keep breathing as you hold the stretch.
Go to Common Exercises...