Hamstring Stretch on Bed
Tight hamstrings (muscles behind thighs) contribute to lower back pain because they pull the pelvis and spine out of proper alignment.
Bed with firm mattress.
- Sit down with your right leg straight on top of the bed and your left leg bent with the foot on the floor.
- Keep your back straight as you lean forward from your hips and slide your hands down your right leg. Continue until you feel a gentle pull in the muscles under your thigh.
- Hold for at least 10 seconds.
- Do the other side.
- Avoid rounding your back as you lean forward so you isolate the stretch in your hamstrings.
- Keep breathing as you hold the stretch.
- Build your stretching endurance until you can hold the stretch for 30 seconds.
- Repeat one to four times per leg.
Go to Common Exercises...