Front Side Half Circle
This ballet-inspired exercise firms up the buttocks..
Optional: A sturdy piece of furniture to hold for balance.
1. Start with your right leg extended in front of you with toes touching the floor.
2. In one smooth controlled move, draw a half circle with your toes from front to the side to the back.
3. Return to the starting position.
4. Do the desired number of half circles on one leg, then switch to the other side.
1. Exhale on the half circle; inhale as you bring your leg forward to starting position.
2. Consciously squeeze your buttocks as you reach the end of the half circle with the leg behind you.
3. Take care not to arch your back as you swing your leg behind. Hold the abdominals in.
Ten repetitions per side.
Go to Common Exercises...