Folded Side Bend
Stretches the sides of the torso.
- Sit on your heels with your arms in front of you.
- Keeping your hips stationary, slowly bend at the waist as you walk your
fingers on the floor.
- Hold the stretch for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Walk your fingers back to the middle then repeat the stretch on the other
- Avoid this exercise if it bothers your knees.
- Keep your hips steady in place as you bend sideways with the waist.
- Try to look behind you as you hold the stretch.
- Avoid holding your breath as you maintain the position of the stretch.
Do one to three times.
Go to Common Exercises...