Criss-Cross Crunch on Mini Ball
This exercise firms and strengthens the abdominal muscles, particularly the oblique muscles that criss-cross the waist.
Exercise mat and small rubber ball.
1. Place the mini ball behind your lower back.
2. Legs should be hip distance apart. Place both hands behind your head. This is your starting position.
3. Diagonally curl your torso and simultaneously lift the opposite knee.
4. Slowly return to the starting position and do the desired number of repetitions.
1. Exhale as you curl; inhale on the return.
2. Support your head lightly with your fingertips to avoid pulling on your neck.
3. Stabilize your hips on the mat. Do not allow your hips to lift up as you curl diagonally. Rotate from the waist.
10 repetitions per side.
Go to Common Exercises...