Concentration Bicep Curls
This exercises focuses on the biceps, the muscles in the front of the upper arm.
Bench or stool and dumbbells.
- Sit on at the edge of a bench or stool with your legs separated, knees bent,
and feet flat on the floor.
- Holding a dumbbell in your right hand, lean forward from the hip and place
your right arm above the elbow against the inner thigh.
- Brace yourself by holding your left thigh with your left hand.
- Curl the dumbbell by tightening and contracting your bicep.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell and repeat until you finish the desired number
- Repeat on the other hand.
- Lean forward from the hip. Avoid rounding your back.
- Your legs should be separated far enough that you have freedom of movement with the dumbbell.
- Avoid bending your wrist as you curl the dumbbell.
- Perform the exercise slowly. Avoid using momentum to swing the dumbbell up and down.
- Keep your shoulders and trunk steady as you perform the curls.
10 to 15 repetitions
Go to Common Exercises...