1. Begin on all fours with knees under hips and hands under shoulders.
2. Extend head and neck in a straight line.
3. Contract your abdominal muscles by pulling your navel to your spine. Round your back upward as high as you can while you tilt your pelvis inward and drop your head.
4. Hold for the desired length of time.
5. Release the abdominal contraction and allow your spine to arch slightly as you bring your head up again.
1. Squeeze shoulder blades together when you arch the spine.
2. Keep breathing as you hold the stretch.
You can do a static stretch by holding for ten to fifteen seconds or do a dynamic stretching exercise by rounding and releasing the back ten times.
Go to Common Exercises...