Bridge with Mini Ball
Strengthens the buttocks, hamstrings (back of the thighs), and inner thighs.
Exercise mat and ball (any medium-sized rubber or plastic ball).
1. Lie down with a ball between your bent knees. Your heels should be about six inches away from your buttocks.
2. Press down on heels, contract the buttocks, hamstrings and inner thighs, and lift hips off the mat.
3. Slowly lower down.
1. For additional inner thigh work, squeeze the ball three to five times while you keep your hips lifted up.
2. If you knees bother you, you probably have your heels too close to your buttocks. Move your feet away until your knees feel comfortable.
3. Keep your pelvis steady by pretending that you have a glass of water on each hipbone and you want to keep the glasses from tipping over.
Go to Common Exercises...