This exercise stretches the muscles at the back of the shoulder as well as increases flexibility of the shoulder joint.
1. This exercise can be done while standing or sitting.
2. Bring your left arm across your chest as far as you can.
3. Use your right hand to gently increase the stretch.
4. Hold for the desired length of time.
5. Repeat on the other side.
1. Stretch only to the point of mild tension in the muscle, not to the point of pain.
2. Keep your shoulders facing front. Avoid rotating at the waist.
3. Remember to breathe normally as you hold the stretch.
4. To increase the stretch even more, bend your left elbow and use your right hand to push your arm backward gently.
Hold for 10-30 seconds.
Go to Common Exercises...