Asymetrical Forward Bend
This exercise stretches the back of the legs and the lower back.
A wall or post.
1. Stand with one foot against the wall or a post. The other leg’s foot should be facing straight ahead.
2. Walk your hands down the post to lower your torso into a forward bend.
3. Hold the stretch for the desired length of time.
4. Walk your hands up the post to straighten up. Do the other side.
1. Widen your stance by moving your leg backwards if you feel you need more of a stretch.
2. If you have adequate flexibility in your hamstrings, lower your head down towards your toes to feel the stretch in the lower back.
3. Bend your front knee if you feel pressure at the back of the knee joint.
Hold the stretch for at least ten seconds.
Go to Common Exercises...