Abdominal Crunch on Floor with
Firms and tightens abdominal muscles
Exercise mat, a basketball, volleyball or any other similar ball.
- Lie down with your knees bent and hold the stability ball in your hands.
- Take the ball overhead.
- Curl the upper body and simultaneously bring the ball toward your knees.
- You have two options:
a. Keep the upper body in a curled position while you bring the ball backward
b. Curl up and down.
- When the arms are overhead, make sure that the back of the ribcage is on
the floor so you don't arch your lower back.
- Keep your shoulders relaxed at all times. There is a tendency to hunch the
shoulders when the arms are overhead.
- In the curled position, you should be looking at your knees rather than
the ceiling to avoid straining the neck.
- In option A, inhale as you bring the arms overhead; exhale as you bring
the arms toward the knees. In option B, inhale as you curl down; exhale as
you curl up.
Do five to ten repetitions.
Go to Common Exercises...